Friday, May 6, 2011

Braces

For the people who have or had braces, i want to give a pat on a back and nod my head in gratitude. Trust me, people who went through the stage of getting braces are not getting enough credit.

Hard enough visiting the dentist twice, getting a total of six anesthetic needles injected into your gums and getting 4 teeth pulled out is a hassle. While i was going through that stage, i would ask everyone with braces about their experience, and everyone's answer was different. While i was waiting for my turn i was very positive and excited, until the girl going before me had also just gotten her braces put on was crying. Confident level.. down. When they were putting on the braces, it felt awesome. I have always liked going to dentists and doctors. The whole time, i was aware of some case of extreme agony. Tried keeping my mind off it and paying more attention to the "Wheres Wally" pictures attached to the ceiling. But it was a huge relief to hear the orthodontist to say "Okay, your done!" Because, PFFT it didn't hurt at all. I was pretty cocky about it, until i got home... it started to hurt a lot. Yelling out for painkillers.


And now still trying to get used to them.
Its been a day or so, and they have been the longest days.
I still have another 23 months with these babies. 

Note: not the best looking picture

No comments:

Post a Comment