Thursday, September 8, 2011

Protest

Yay, gotta love strikes. Since most teachers are off protesting, school is off. 
My plans for strike were pretty much pigging out at home, snuggle with a cup of tea, catch up with some reading and finish off uncompleted assignments. That is exactly not what happened today.

Went to Parramatta westies, on the most dull and depressed day. Training it to parra, I met Peter. Let me tell you about this "Peter". At Granville station, Leyla and I were waiting for our train. Such girls we are, we were comparing our hair color. A man walked past and said "Lovely hair, ladies" and kept walking, he kept walking alright, he walked all the way... back to us. Had a nice conversation actually. He was a man in he's thirties walking he's bike, smoking, and had alot of stitches on he's face. He was very into astronomy as he was telling me how amazing Saturn and Venus is, and that he can see them through he's telescope. What was Leyla doing? Shitting herself. Our trained arrived, and I politely ended the conversation, he said to stay in school, shook my hand and asked for my name, immediately i said "Emily", and he went to shake Leyla's hand, she just stuttered, repeating the syllable "Ma", and started laughing. Smooth.

Breakfast at Max Brenner's. Not over loading it, we each ordered a drink, shared chocolate dipped strawberries and had a few sample chocolates. It was perfect.
  
Did i ever tell you that shopping is excellent exercise? Walked around for hours shopping and buying this and that. 

Around lunch time, my stomach started acting up. Couldn't tell whether it was the time of the month pain or my stomach problems again. There i was, on the floor at the "Sumo Salad" bar. Excruciating pain that's not stopping. "Get up, your embarrassing me", Leyla sighed as she was ordering two chicken presto salads.
  
Once the shopping bags starts leaving cuff marks on arms, the walking slows down, enthusiasm died out. It's time to head home, or back to Loan's place.
Chilled out with some cupcakes and tea. Then running outside to take photos. A realization occurred to me today, that ute drivers are such creeps. A total count of three beeps of horns in 20 minutes and a man on a bike took a photo with us. 

Peter Pan colar dress: Ebay
Cardigan: ValleyGirl
Belt: Bardot
Necklace: Sportsgirl
Bag: Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment